Luxurious, accessible holiday accommodation
on the NSW north coast
A beautiful disability accommodation getaway with all the features you need
Have fun with everyone in the pool
A pool hoist makes getting in your private pool easy, so enjoy a lovely swim.
Roll in to the accessible shower
Our bathroom has a hob-free roll in shower floor and plenty of additional space.
Bring your dog on your beach holiday
Up to two dogs are welcome to join you, both inside and outside the home.
Enjoy easy wheelchair access throughout
Wide halls, doors and pathways, as well as an easy-roll rear access ramp.
Your specialist disability accommodation doesn’t have to be clinical and bland
Our lovely wheelchair accessible holiday home has plenty of charm and personality, with light, airy rooms, tropical pool and relaxed decor.
Plus, the features and amenities make it perfect for:
- people living with spinal cord injuries
- independent wheelchair users
- assisted wheelchair users
- walking frame or cane users
- people with reduced mobility
- families with a member needing easy accessibility
- respite care services – short term rental accommodation for clients and their carers and for supported holidays.
We look after respite care services staff too, with a privately accessible large carer’s suite with an ensuite bathroom. (There are two small stairs to this suite, so it’s not wheelchair accessible.)
All the features you need
Check out the floor plan
Seafarers Diamond Beach
It’s the wonderful accessible holiday accommodation you’ve been looking for!
Seafarers is the ‘Unicorn’ of accessible holiday accommodation. I’m so glad we found it.
Robyn and Graham, Newcastle
Easy to get to from NSW and beyond
Diamond Beach is an easy three hours’ drive from Sydneys’ northern suburbs.
Enjoy a trip to the beach
Free beach wheelchair hire from nearby Black Head Surf Club. Available during summer and patrol times.
Easy access holiday retreat
Your holiday won’t include worries about your access or facilities.
Fully self-contained retreat
Everything is provided for you – including linens & bath towels – just bring your groceries
Yes, we have steps at the front—but there’s a full ramp at the rear
A note from our owners, Dianne and Chris
Don’t be put off by the stairs at the front.
There’s a nice, wide access ramp at the side and rear of the property for your easy wheelchair access.
You deserve an easy, relaxing holiday without worrying about accessibility problems before you arrive (or during your stay).
We’ve worked hard to make Seafarers accessible and beautiful throughout for wheelchair users and their families.
We hope you enjoy it!
Seafarers owners, Dianne and Chris.
What a difference a pool hoist makes
Get your cozzies ready, because even if you’re a wheelchair user that hasn’t been in the water for years, Seafarers Diamond Beach has a wonderfully accessible private pool. Plus the solar powered Wymo pool hoist is a key highlight of our specialist disability accommodation.
Enjoy the pool as often as you’d like – morning, noon or night. It’s lovely to drift away on a soft, balmy summer evening, floating in the pool, looking up at the stars.
How about a relaxed swim or float time before lunch or dinner? Or make it a ‘splashing good time’ with the kids. An accessible pool with its own pool hoist makes these things all possible for you.
So when you’re booking your wheelchair friendly holiday, just let us know you’d like to use the pool hoist and we’ll ensure it’s ready for you to have a splashing good time during your stay here on the NSW North Coast.
And your dog is welcome too
Seafarers Diamond Beach is not only wheelchair friendly, it’s dog friendly as well! Big or small dogs, inside and out. We love our dogs too – and totally understand that your beloved fur baby or support dog is a very important part of your family. And that they deserve a holiday too!
Up to two dogs (big or small) are welcome at Seafarers Diamond Beach, inside and outside, 365 days a year. And there’s no extra charge 🙂
Because it’s not a perfect holiday if a much-loved family member can’t join in the fun, right?
NSW north coast disability accommodation starting from $350+gst per night
Our rates start at $350+gst per night, with a two night minimum stay.
We charge a surcharge for two-night stays of $175+gst. Christmas/New Year rates are $1000+gst per night.
Rates will be a higher during school holidays, Easter and long weekends and Christmas/New Year. Rates vary depending on the time of year, with summer months always being in high demand. Please contact us for pricing specific to your dates and book early if you’re after particular or school holiday dates.
Plenty of fun accessible activities to enjoy.
Whale Watching and Dolphin Spotting
Humpback whale migration season is early June to late November. Amaroo Cruises offer whale watching trips on its wheelchair-accessible 24 metre catamaran. The skipper and crew take particular care to ensure guests in wheelchairs get a good view of the whales. Sea Horse Diamond Beach guests get a 10% discount so mention our name when you make a booking.
Amaroo cruises also offer delightful dolphin watching cruises.
Fun Fact – Our very own Chris Denton, started the dolphin and whale watching industry locally, on his charter boat Ocean Adventures, winning a NSW Tourism Award for Excellence and featuring on Channel 9s Getaway.
Sunday Sippers at Black Head Surf Club
Fancy a cool drink on a hot afternoon, or just a leisurely afternoon wind down enjoying stunning views over Black Head beach and the bay? Head down and enjoy a relaxing Sundowners drink at Black Head Surf Club’s Sunday Sippers from 3 – 7pm Sundays. The club is wheelchair accessible. During school holidays, join in on a fun family Bingo night, or enjoy a Sunday ‘Big Breakfast on the Balcony’ during peak holidays.
Movies at Great Lakes Cinema 3, Tuncurry
Catch the latest releases in the fully accessible and wheelchair friendly Great Lakes Cinema. It also offers electronic assistance for people with hearing disabilities or hearing aids.
Black Head Bazaar
Held under the sheltering trees in Wylie Breckenridge Park (between the beach and the village shopping centre) at Black Head, Black Head Bazaar is a relaxed popular event, held on the first Sunday of the month. Wheelchair accessible but grass surfaces only.
Nabiac Farmers’ Markets
On the last Saturday of the month at Nabiac Showground, the Nabiac Farmers Markets display the wares of local artisans and producers. Enjoy a great breakfast, local music and gather your fresh produce, eggs, juices, preserves, skincare, gifts, arts, jewellery and much more. The venue is wheelchair accessible. Be early to nab some of the artisan sourdough breads— deeelicious!
Wheelchair accessible cafes and restaurants
Our favourite wheelchair accessible restaurants and cafes include:
- Hallidays Point Tavern, Black Head. Try the Paint and Sip events where beginners are taught to paint whilst sipping a cold glass of beer or chilled wine, enjoy local live music, Happy Hours, trivia nights and other special events. Check out their events calendar here. The tavern has a great outdoor eating area and childrens play equipment area – plus its got a dog friendly area as well! The bistro menu is varied and delicious too.
- Black Head Bowling Club, Black Head
- Kranky Goat, Tallwoods, known for its locally sourced coffee
- Black Head Surf Club. Don’t miss the Big Breakfast on the Balcony (summer months only) and the regular Sunday Sippers sessions.
- Sandy Cheeks – a delightful new cafe at the Hallidays Point Shopping Centre, diagonally opposite Foodworks. The brioche bun chicken burger is delicious.
- The Point Bakery, near the Library at the front of the Hallidays Point Shopping Centre. Try the chicken and vegetable pies — yummo!
- The Pizza Pasta Bar, Diamond Beach. Dine in or takeaway. We love the thin-crust pizzas.
Just a 400 metre cruise or stroll to the 24/7 dog-friendly beach
Black Head surf club offers free beach wheelchair hire (during patrol season) so you can enjoy the beach with your family and your dogs too. Enjoy the fresh air of a morning cruise on the sand, or walk the dogs as the sun is high in the sky. At any time, just watch the waves roll in and enjoy the serenity. At sunset, glorious pinks and amber hues dot the clouds and the photo opportunities are endless.
Accessible Activities E Book
We know it’s hard to remember everything you’ve seen here, plus there might be things you’ve missed. That’s why we created our Accessibility booklet. It’s full of great things to do and some of the most frequently asked questions. Download it here and then you can peruse it at your leisure
So easy to reach us from Sydney and the Hunter
We’re an easy drive, three-ish hours north of Sydney, located just outside the coastal village of Diamond Beach in the Blackhead/Hallidays Point region (just north of Forster Tuncurry) on the NSW Mid North Coast.
An easy drive straight up the M1 (Pacific Highway) north from Sydney, it’s then just 12 minutes off the highway along all sealed roads right to the front gate.
Just 15 minutes north of the hustle and bustle of the ever-popular seaside towns of Forster/Tuncurry on the beautiful mid-north coast of NSW, the Diamond Beach area is an undiscovered gem.
All the specialist disability accommodation amenities you need
- wheelchair accessible hob-free, roll in, open wide shower with adjustable shower hose
- adjustable grab rails
- accessible, roll under sink
- accessible toilet with hand rails and toilet frame
- queen master with private en suite and built in robe (and sunny pool views)
- Two additional bedrooms (1 x queen, 2 x singles) with built-in robes
- generous views to the tropical garden
- bedside lamps
- generously proportioned, roll-through, kitchen
- electric oven, gas cooktop and lowered microwave
- European laundry with washing machine
- pantry, fridge and island bench with seating
- separate dining table—seats six
- wall-mounted TV (BYO Netflix account)
- three-seater leather lounge
- one electronic easy-lift leather recliner
- one additional single leather recliner
- bean bags for additional seating (or dog snuggling)
- extra-wide access points, doorways and hallways with no clutter limiting your access
- up to two dogs (big or small) welcome to stay indoors and outdoors
- dogs are welcome 365 days a year
- secure, fully fenced and gated yard
- dog bowls, dog blankets and dog towels provided
- doggie bags provided
- large, cosy dog kennel (for the outdoor types)
- trampoline-style outdoor dog bed
- private pool with Wymo solar powered hoist and handrails
- wide deck
- deck umbrella
- Wheelchair accessible cabana
- outdoor dining table
- access ramp (at rear)
- private off-street parking
- secure fencing including compliant pool fencing
- lovely tropical garden
- water feature adjacent to the pool
- lawn area
- separate access from the side of the house
- private en suite
- Easy-roll, wheel-chair friendly flooring throughout
- gas heating
- free wifi
- range of board games and puzzles for older children
- iron and ironing board
- pots, pans, dishes, glassware and cutlery supplied for at-home cooking
- tea, coffee, salt, pepper and sugar provided
- starter amounts of household paper products
- quality bed linen, sheets, pillows and doonas
- thick fluffy bath towels
- electric blankets
- tea towels
- extra blankets in storage for cooler nights
- just bring your own beach towel
- mop and bucket
- dishwashing liquid
- dishwashing tablets
- paper towel
Frequently asked questions about our wheelchair-friendly holiday accommodation
Yes, many people with spinal cord injuries have enjoyed staying with us. Seafarers has been purposely designed to provide superior, resort-style accommodation for people with disabilities, including paraplegia.
Yes, we have designed our accommodation to be suitable for people with paraplegia. For us, it’s all about empowering people with paraplegia to enjoy a holiday with family and friends, without worrying about the facilities and levels of access. If you aren’t sure whether our property will meet your needs, please contact us to discuss it.
We don’t have the complete facilities that most people with quadriplegia require, but please contact us to discuss your particular needs.
It depends. Every persons NDIS plan and stated goals within that plan are different.
We recommend you speak with your NDIS Local Area Coordinator or Support Coordinator to discuss what short term or respite accommodation options are covered in your particular NDIS package. If appropriate, we’re happy to provide you with an invoice suitable for NDIS purposes.
You can find out more information about using your NDIS funding for short term accommodation or a respite stay at Seafarers on our Accessible Accommodation for Respite services and NDIS participants page here
Off street accessible vehicle parking is provided at the front of Seafarers Diamond Beach. It is connected to the home by extra wide, easy roll, concrete pathways.
We recommend backing your accessible vehicle in for easy unloading of people, wheelchairs, assistive equipment and luggage.
No. We’ve made the deliberate choice not to install energy inefficient electric air conditioning. Instead, we make the most of the ‘natural air conditioning’ features of the building. This includes large windows in each room, an ideal aspect and prevailing cooling north easterly winds. This dramatically minimises our energy footprint and keeps the house at its coolest during summer.
Additionally, we provide floor fans in each room for use during the occasional, still summer night. Being located so close to the beach, also means that temperatures above 32 degrees are rarely experienced here.
Yes, all beds have space underneath them to accommodate hoist ‘feet’
No, our beds are standard residential beds.
Stainless steel and adjustable, suction-type handrails are provided in the main bathroom.